Thursday, December 13, 2012

I Got 99 Problems......But That Guy I Was Casually Dating Ain't One.

I believe the last time I felt the need to write, I mentioned that I was dating a guy.  About that.........

Turns out, he's fucking weird.  Maybe that's a little harsh.  I hear from him maybe once every 10 days.  Sometimes a little sooner.  I've given up on him.  I have no idea what he wants, and frankly, I don't have time to figure him out (that's actually a lie. I do have the time to figure him out, but guess what's always on t.v.?  Law and Order: SVU.  And you know I'm not missing that shit to sit around and think about a guy.) After being in touch for three months, we are nowhere near a relationship status change on Facebook.

Truthfully, I have no one to blame but myself.  Well, sort of.  The timing is just awful.  Since November, my schedule has been a little crazypants.  He works regular business hours, and there is absolutely nothing regular about my hours.  And let's throw in the fact that I also have children.  When he has called to get together, I'm working.  So then he'll call me late at night to hang out, and that feels like a booty call, so I decline.  Other than the timing being crappy, I've made things entirely too easy for him.  And by things, I mean myself. 

We hung out the night after Thanksgiving.  I had a ton of leftovers, he somehow ended up without any leftovers.  In a round about way, he asked me to bring some food over, which I did.  Why the fuck did I do that?  Because I'm too goddamn nice and I'm a people pleaser, that's fucking why. 

So I bring the food, he has a foodgasm and then wants to.......you know.  And I'm all, "Let's do this."  Ugh!  So stupid!!  Not only have I fed him delicious food, I've also given him.......vagina.  He's done absolutely nothing to deserve it.  I have not been wooed.  I have not been taken to dinner.  I have not received flowers or a Build-A-Bear. 

Last weekend, I went out with an old friend (bitch got me hammered) and what do you know?  J sends me a texty text and it was actually adorable.  He asked if I had my Christmas decorations up yet.  I do not, I replied.  He offered to come over with dinner and help me decorate.  So cute, right!?  Well, I was at least 3 beers in at that point, and there was really no turning back.  My liquid courage kicked in and I flat out asked him what the fuck we were doing.  I said, and I quote, "Please, if you're not into me enough to actually date me, then let's just cut the crap and call it a day".  He seemed bewildered at my boldness (which most guys are when you call them out on their shit).  He asked if we could just hang out that night and talk and even offered to come and get me from the bar.  I declined.  Mostly because I was with an old friend whom I hadn't seen in years and obviously was not about to ditch her.  I also did not leave because I would then again be dropping everything for him and fuck that.  We didn't really get to end the conversation because my phone died.  So I went home alone.

The next day, I wanted a diner breakfast so badly I was almost willing to go by myself.  Before I got in touch with another old friend I wanted to ask to go with me, I thought maybe I should smooth things over with J first.  I texted him, and he acted like the previous conversation never happened.  I asked if he wanted to go to breakfast with me, he said he was already starting to eat a breakfast he had made himself.  Sigh.  Back to Square 1.  I grabbed breakfast with my buddy instead and had a great time.  Haven't talked to J in five days, but I'll bet any money that he'll text me late on Friday night, wanting to hang out.  I don't plan on answering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment